Wednesday 27 January 2016

Four-Year-Old Helps Save Mom Using Tablet


Story out of Norwich, New York:

The boy, Chadwick DePew, normally plays games on his tablet, but last week he used it to communicate with his father while his mother, Alice DePew, was having complications with her diabetes.

The disease causes serious threats to her health when her blood sugar gets too high or low. In this instance, her blood was extremely low when she was on the phone with her mother, who lives in North Carolina.

"I was talking to my mom on the cell phone and she heard me starting to slur my speech and I started feeling a little sleepy," Alice said.

Eventually, Alice passed out. Alice's mother contacted Chadwick’s father, Stanley DePew, who was at work.

Stanley tried calling the house phone, but got no answer. He then tried calling the tablet from his phone, and Chadwick answered.

“When I saw that green button I pushed it,” Chadwick said.

Chadwick's dad told him he needed to unlock the house door when 911 arrived -- which Chadwick did.

“I had no idea he knew how to unlock the tablet to even get on FaceTime,” Stanley said. “That was the first time ever." Cont. (Video)

Story from - WBNG Binghamton

No comments:

Post a Comment