Tuesday 23 February 2016

Women "left their kitchens" - John Kasich Talking About Senate Run


Republican presidential candidate John Kasich says he’s unscripted and will continue operating that way, even if it gets him in trouble.

At an event in Virginia Monday, Kasich raised eyebrows when he said that he first got elected to the state Senate in part by “women who left their kitchens” to campaign for him.

“How did I get elected?” Kasich asked the crowd, recalling his first run for state senate in Ohio in 1978. “Nobody was–I didn’t have anybody for me. We just got an army of people, who, and many women, who left their kitchens to go out and go door to door and to put yard signs up for me. All the way back, when–you know things were different. Now you call homes and everybody’s out working. But at that time, early days, it was an army of the women that really helped me get elected to the state senate.”

Kasich made the comment while speaking to a large crowd at George Mason University. One female student was quick to respond to the governor’s comment.

“Your comment earlier about the women coming out of the kitchen to support you – I’ll come support you but I wont be coming out of the kitchen,” she said.

“I gotcha, I gotcha,” Kasich responded. Cont.

Story from - WAVY
Image from - Donkey Hotey
cc 2.0

No comments:

Post a Comment