Tuesday 25 October 2016

Woman Files $2 Million Lawsuit After Wonton Soup Puts Her In Coma


Story out of Calgary, Alberta:

A woman has filed a $2 million lawsuit claiming she was left in a coma after eating wonton soup at a Calgary restaurant.

Nicole Laurin says nearly two years ago she grabbed dinner with her husband Dwayne, something they did on an almost daily basis.

But she says something didn’t sit right, thinking she may have had food poisoning.

The last thing Laurin remembered after dinner was it was Halloween night before she went to bed early.

“I remember waking up in the hospital with a respirator and my sister and my whole family were there, I didn’t know what happened but then they asked me and they started telling me that I was sleeping for five or six days. I can’t remember.”

Nicole said she was in a coma for nearly a week and needed dialysis.

The restaurant in question, Saigon Bistro on MacLeod Trail, is still open and Alberta Health Services has not received any complaints about the food, nor did it get any reports of illness at the time of the alleged incident.

During routine inspections of the restaurant earlier this year, AHS noted ‘mouse droppings throughout the facility and on top of the dishwasher.’ Cont. (Video)

Story from - Global News

No comments:

Post a Comment