Saturday 3 December 2016

After Threatening Drunk Drivers With Nickleback, Const. Issues Apology To Band


They are now working on a new campaign punishment. May I suggest Dwight Yoakam? 

Story out of Kensington, Prince Edward Island:

A Kensington, P.E.I., police officer has apologized for "bullying" Nickelback and removed a Facebook post he says drew a reaction far beyond his expectations.

Last week, Const. Robb Hartlen posted on the police Facebook site that he would force arrested drivers to listen to Nickelback's 2001 album Silver Side Up as a punishment for drinking and driving. It was just his way of using humour to spread an important message, he said.

On Friday, Hartlen removed the post and in a new Facebook post wrote a public apology to Nickelback.

Hartlen said the message of "Don't drink and drive" began to take a backseat to the "bashing of the band."

"I didn't want to turn this into an anti-Nickelback," he told CBC Friday night. "The more I thought about it and the more I saw the comments and the more I saw people sort of jumping on the 'We love and we love to hate Nickelback' bandwagon, I was like, 'I think we're losing the message here' and I'm sort of feeling a little bad about what was going on."

In his new Facebook post, Hartlen said that as a police officer, he was sorry for sending the wrong message to children. Cont.

Story from - CBC News

No comments:

Post a Comment