Tuesday 8 March 2016

Radio Host Leaves Show To Save Parrot


Polly wants a commercial break. Story out of Fort McMurray Alberta:

"I'm sitting here on my radio show. All is normal. It's a regular Fort McMurray day; we're pumping bitumen, its cold, and then I get the call." Peter Potipcoe said.

An exotic bird, which clearly had no place in the frozen wilds of northern Alberta, had been fluttering about in their Franklin Avenue back alley for days, and calls to animal control weren't being returned.

"I had to save him. I'm an animal lover," Potipcoe said during a Friday morning interview on Edmonton AM.

"I put the show on auto pilot, and jumped in the company vehicle and drove right over there."

Potipcoe and a few his co-workers soon spotted the bird, perched high in the spindly branches of a birch tree.

"I got on the fence, shimmied up the tree, poked the bird with a stick. Then I realized its wings were clipped.

"It flew down to the ground. I raced over and grabbed it in my sweater. And then I had a new co-host." Cont.

Story from - CBC News

No comments:

Post a Comment