Monday 22 August 2016

Barbra Streisand Calls Tim Cook To Discuss Siri's Pronunciation Of Her Name


Sure, why not, Streichand.

How do you ensure that Siri pronounces your name correctly? If you’re Barbra Streisand you go straight to the source and call the chief executive, Tim Cook.

In an interview with NPR, the singer, actor and instigator of the Streisand effect, admitted that after five years of Apple’s voice assistant pronouncing her name incorrectly - the second “s” is soft not pronounced as a “z” as Siri does - she couldn’t take it any longer.

Streisand told NPR: “She pronounces my name wrong. [It’s] Streisand with a soft S, like sand on the beach. I’ve been saying this for my whole career.

“And so what did I do? I called the head of Apple, Tim Cook, and he delightfully agreed to have Siri change the pronunciation of my name, finally, with the next update on 30 September. So let’s see if that happens because I will be thrilled.” Cont.

Story from - The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment