Sunday 26 June 2016

Retired First Sgt. For National Guard Calls Out "Toxic Leadership"

Story out of Nashville, Tennessee:

To black out all of the curse words in retired First Sgt. Dennis Carter’s resignation letter, you need a lot of marker. To hear him read it aloud, you need a lot of bleeps.

"To me, that (the letter) is a truthful statement. All those things are truthful, but I tried to do it in a humorous way,” Carter said.

Carter said he was so ready to leave the 278th Armored Calvary Regiment out of Lebanon, TN, that he wrote the letter last May. He said what the Channel 4 I-Team has exposed this year, from the sexual misconduct of some guardsman, to how others advanced to the ranks despite serious infractions, to how the general wouldn’t address our questions, only scrapes the surface of what he calls toxic leadership.

Randy Harris, spokesman for the Tennessee National Guard, refused our request for an interview about the letter and Carter’s claims, but sent an email writing, “We decline to be a part of this brand of tabloid journalism."

Carter didn’t just stop at submitting the letter; he posted it online on his Facebook page. It then got picked up on a military Facebook page, and has been shared more than 8,700 times.

Some comments praised his post, while others called it extremely unprofessional.

"Especially the National Guard, this is a highly regarded organization. To write a letter like this, are you being disrespectful?” Finley asked.

"I don't think I was being disrespectful to the National Guard. The National Guard has been very good to me. I think the individuals that are named, I do want people to know who they are, I want them to know what kind of leadership we're dealing with,” Carter said.

Carter knows that he has ended his career, but has started a social media firestorm.

"I've burned some pretty big bridges. I'm basically the black sheep here,” Carter said. Cont. (Video)

Story from - WSMV
Image from - WSMV

No comments:

Post a Comment