Saturday 23 July 2016

"The Climate Of This Country Has Moved In My Direction" - Emboldened By Trump's White Supremacy Message, David Duke Runs For Senate


A registered Republican, you say? That's weird. :\

Former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke, an avowed white supremacist, has officially signed up to run for U.S. Senate in Louisiana.

"The climate of this country has moved in my direction," Duke said Friday, as he walked in to register.

Duke's candidacy comes as the state is grappling with deep racial tensions after the shooting death of a black man by white police officers and the killing of three law enforcement officers by a black man. It also comes one day after Donald Trump accepted the GOP nomination for president.

In a video released on his website before he signed up, Duke said, "I'm overjoyed to see Donald Trump and most Americans embrace most of the issues that I've championed for years. My slogan remains America first."

He also said in the video, "I believe in equal rights for all and respect for all Americans. However, what makes me different is I also demand respect for the rights and heritage of European Americans."

A registered Republican, Duke is seeking an open seat vacated by Republican David Vitter.

Duke, a convicted felon, pleaded guilty in 2002 to bilking his supporters and cheating on his taxes. He spent a year in federal prison, but later denied any wrongdoing. Cont.

Story from - CBC News

No comments:

Post a Comment