Saturday 5 March 2016

"You Look Pretty Gay To Me" - Man Told Before Homophobic Attack


Story out of Toronto, Ontario: 

Sheng Hua Yan, a Toronto-based graphic designer, fell victim to a homophobic attack on Gerrard Street, in Old Toronto, late Monday night.

According to The Star, he was returning home from a grocery run when he saw two men ‘kicking signage’.

One of them reportedly shouted ‘I can’t believe we were seen as a gay couple’ before they turned on Yan.

‘He said “Do we look gay to you? ‘Cause you look pretty gay to me”’, Yan told the Star.

‘I turned around and before I could say anything, they grabbed my hair, pulled me to the ground and started hitting and kicking my face.’

The victim was kicked 10 to 15 times, he said in an interview with City News before the duo let off him and fled; Yan, who called 911 for assistance, said he wasn’t quite sure what interrupted them, but it may have been passers-by.

And while he himself isn’t gay, Yan said the incident makes him worry for his friends who are, saying he couldn’t imagine ‘what they had to live with every day’. Cont.

Story from - Gay Star News

No comments:

Post a Comment